1. For an easy topping, use whipped cream as frosting on your cupcakes.
2. To add a quick filling, cut a small cone shape from the top of the cupcake and fill it with marshmallow creme. Then, cut off the pointed end of the cone and replace the cone over the filling. It’s a fun alternative to frosting and can be easily packed in lunches.
3. Cake flour produces lighter cupcakes. If a recipe uses cake flour and you don’t have any, use 1 cup all-purpose flour minus 2 tablespoons for each cup of cake flour called for in the recipe.
4. To dress up cupcake batter, try adding flavored chips of your choice such as peanut butter, swirled, raspberry, vanilla or chocolate.
5. If your frosting is soft and fluffy, simply dip the cupcake tops in the frosting mixture to frost them.
6. Use cookie scoop to fill muffin cups. Two scoops is the perfect amoung of batter for one cupcake.
7. If you are making cupcakes ahead of time, return cooled cupcakes to the muffin tins and cover with plastic wrap for easy storage.
Read 2347 times!